This site uses cookies to help us provide quality services. Using our services, you consent to the use of cookies.

PolyFi Forums

New Year Poly Party & Campout (20 Nov 2014)

It's on again by popular demand...!!! and in leiu of Confest - the ultimate alternative lifestyle fest which has been cancelled this year.... So we are bringing it back... all the best of confest and camping, poly friendly village, families and pets welcome...

× Welcome to the Livin' in the land of Oz forum!

This is the place to discuss all things related to the poly lifestyle, share your experiences, discuss your views or ask a question - above all don't be shy!

Biggest problem with being Polyfidelious?

3 years 2 months ago #33 by Tastiger
Done a bit of thinking lately about issues with our chosen lifestyle and I've come to the conclusion that most likely the biggest issue Polyfidelious folks have is if they want to enlarge their family, and I'm not talking about a "bit of fluff on the side or a "friend with benefits", I'm talking about a full blown triad, quad, whatever.

You just never see anyone posting "I'm looking to join an established relationship". My experience with large events here in Victoria is that a lot of people attend but very few of those are polyfidelious, so you have a bunch of people running around trying to get into each others pants, or as has been the case in the past, organizing an orgy and to me that is not what polyfidelity is about.

What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #34 by stevemfm
no idea what really happens -we have never been to a community poly do
but might one day - we are just a shy triad

3 years 2 months ago #35 by polyfido
Hi Steve, What happens at a Poly event really depends on the event. I'm writing an article at the moment that goes into all that. What we would like to see happen is that the poly "crowd", for want of a better word, get it together to create events that cater to particular tastes. This means that each group has total control as to what goes on and what doesn't.

In Victoria, the PolyVic group regularly have a presence at Confest. That means nudity. And nudity is fairly common at poly events held in the country. If you and your group are not into that, we provide the opportunity to make your views known to everyone.

If you wanted to, say, have events that are fully clothed and family oriented, you will find quite a few people who would be interested in the same thing. We have provided the privacy and the mechanism to form a group that is to your liking along those lines. Cheers, Polyfido

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #36 by Tastiger
I like your answer polyfido.
The question still remains though as how / where to meet a fidelious partner within the framework of what is currently available to us poly types....

I think what we need is an event that centres on Polyfidelity not really wanting to lock out the more promiscuous folks, as we are a small enough community as it is, but it would be nice to have an event where you could interact with like minded folks without the worry of being "hit upon" for what is simply a sexual encounter.

Perhaps such an event may bring out those individuals who are looking to join an established relationship.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breakfast.in.Bed

3 years 2 months ago #37 by polyfido
Hi, I guess that starting up a lonely hearts group, and getting upfront with your own situation is pretty upfront and out there. I hope that you both get what you want and need :) . Hopefully, your example will prompt other people to come out of their shell and do likewise. Bravo.

3 years 2 months ago #38 by stevemfm
Many thanks for the introduction/explanation.

I guess we are at the point of trying to understand more about ourselves and where we might be going

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds